Thursday 9 November 2017

Research and Planning: Designing an ESting

Through my already conducted research, I have decided that the format I'm going to be using is claymation. For this, the material I will use is Plasticine. The objects I will make using the plasticine will be the character itself as well as his surrounds - a plant, and a few objects to go on top of the file cabinet. Also, I decided on what will happen; I'm going to have an office worker, made from my Plasticine, trying to open a cabinet, but failing because it's jammed. After failing, the file cabinet flies open miraculously and the E4 logo is revealed, to show that's what he was looking for.

The setting is going to be an office, however seems as the character is struggling with a file cabinet, he will probably be in the corner of the office. There shouldn't be any complications with his, as I have kept things rather simplistic. Perhaps the only thing I'll have to worry about is the arrival date of my Plasticine when its ordered, but it shouldn't be an issue.

The target audience for an E4 E-Sting is young people of any gender, so I'll have to keep the character moving at all times. Although the plot is rather boring, that doesn't matter with animations, as long as there's something going on at every second, which is the case with this ESting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Portfolio

Primary Research TV adverts - Research I used my own-made questionnaire to analyse the TV advert we made. The responses we got wer...