Wednesday 26 April 2017

3MW - Secondary research

Secondary research is a form of research from already written research. It's the most common form but it is argued to be the least efficient.

The benefits of secondary research include:
  • Easy to obtain.
  • Gives more than one viewpoint to a topic.
  • Depending on the topic, there's a larger variety of cources to research from.
The downsides to secondary research are:
  • You're not left to make your own assumptions.
  • Due to it being easy to obtain, you don't feel a great sense of achievement with the knowledge you recieve and it's easier to escape your mind.
Using secondary research in this project consisted of me using the internet. Grassroots football is a very subsidiary topic so there's probably a lot more aid on the internet as there is in books, magazines, etc.

The first internet source I used was from a website named 'That team talk' and they had written an article based on exactly what I needed.

Essentially, what it consisted of was how English football differs from other cultures and how we breed young players to fit the stereotype.

After this, I wemt over to a similar article from 'Evolution soccer' except this one revealed the negative side to grassroots football. Therefore adding more depth to my research.

I then wanted to look at the subject as a whole; I decided to research how football (not just grassroots football) has evolved over time in the hopes of being able to combine my knowledge.

In doing so, I came across an article from the BBC.

I feel that these three articles give me a good amount of analysis to go on and write scripts etc. for my documentary. However, I could always come back to these if I forget anything/need more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Portfolio

Primary Research TV adverts - Research I used my own-made questionnaire to analyse the TV advert we made. The responses we got wer...