Wednesday 26 April 2017

3MW - Proposal

My documentary will be on the decrease in popularity of grassroots football and how large the gap is nowadays between grassroots and major leagues in comparison to twenty or so years ago. 

It will be an expository format. I will achieve this by using multimeadia such as voiceovers and interviews in order to inform the viewer what's going on. Also, the documentary will be educational and it will inform the viewers of the chosen subject.

As the documentary is being distrubuted via the internet, it would make sense to think of a target audience which affiliates with that. I've decided my target audience will be children or teenagers as this is demographically the largest consumer of online videos and it also ties in nicely with my subject.

When filming, I will only need to film in one location and that is a community football pitch, so there will be no need for location releases etc. and it will also help to improve continuity. 

As mentioned in the above mindmap, my friends have agreed to help me in this production so that will save me organising a crew. It will be beneficial to the quality of the production that we all know and are familiar with eachother.

Sample interview questions

  • How big is the gap now from grassroots football to the big leagues in comparison to 10/20 years ago?
  • How important do you feel grassroots football is on producing upcoming football stars?
  • How do you feel this football club is helping the local community?
In terms of equipment needed, I won't need anything too advanced. The only thing I feel I'd need to invest in is a lavalier microphone for filming outside. These aren't too expensive and I could easily buy one for under £20 on Amazon.

I feel like this would be a good documentary for me to do as I have a strong passion for football as well as an in-depth knowledge, with added research in the chosen field I feel like this puts me in a great position to start writing scripts, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Portfolio

Primary Research TV adverts - Research I used my own-made questionnaire to analyse the TV advert we made. The responses we got wer...